*Content Supplied By Citroen UK
The long-awaited summer holidays and summer holiday journeys are just around the corner. But with more time and opportunities for passengers to use their smartphones or tablets when traveling, children and adults alike are affected by motion sickness. Over 30 million people in Europe suffer from chronic travel sickness. In response, Citroën, a brand dedicated to comfort, is presenting SEETROËN, the first glasses to eliminate motion sickness. The principle of the SEETROËN glasses is simple. They contain a coloured liquid that recreates the horizon line to resolve conflict between the senses. Discover the video on your right.
A popular brand in the noble sense of the term aimed resolutely at providing comfort for all, Citroën is presenting SEETROËN, the first glasses to help aid with motion sickness. While being unable to prevent high tides or traffic jams, Citroën are providing a solution for the widespread complaint (also known as kinetosis) that affects over 30 million Europeans in a chronic manner. One in three people experience motion sickness symptoms at least once in their life.
Having discovered a solution initially developed for sailors, Citroën has decided to extend its use to the general public on boats as well as in cars, buses and planes by creating the SEETROËN glasses:
SEETROËN glasses use Boarding RingTM technology developed by the start-up of the same name based in Var in the south of France. The patented and tested paramedical solution has an efficacy rating of 95%.
• Equipped with moving liquid in the rings around the eyes, both along the frontal axis (right/left) and sagittal axis (front/back), the glasses recreate the horizon line to resolve the conflict between the senses that causes the affliction.
• For the design of the glasses, Citroën called on 5.5, a collective design studio based in Paris, which has successfully incorporated the Brand’s fresh, simple and ergonomic style. The result is a pair of glasses with a high-tech look in white soft-touch plastic.
So how do they work exactly?
• Put on the glasses as soon as you experience the initial symptoms.
• After 10 to 12 minutes, the glasses enable the mind to resynchronise with the movement perceived by the inner ear while the eyes were focused on an immobile object such as a smartphone or a book.
• Take the glasses off and enjoy the rest of your journey.
For use by adults and children aged over ten (when the inner ear has finished growing). The glasses are glassless, so they can be shared between all the family and travelling companions. They can also be worn over other glasses.
In other news: We have some top deals on throughout August firstly our Citroen Van Event, ending this Monday (August 27th). Check it out now before it's too late at /events/citroen-van-event-from-monday-august-13th-to-monday-august-/.
Also, how does a £500 Summer bonus plus 0% APR finance available on New Citroën C4 Cactus and New C3 Aircross Compact SUV sound? Check this dela out now at /citroen/retail-offers/fall-in-love-with-citron-with-a-500-summer-bonus-plus-0-apr-finance-available/.
You can find us on Farnham Road in Bordon, Hampshire, or by claling us on 01420 478844.