LMC of Farnham Ltd (“LMC”, “We” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy therefore takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the Data Controller is LMC, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 1619456 and whose registered office address is at LMC of Farnham Ltd, Farnham, Road, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0QP
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z9900303 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data we collect, why we collect it and how we use it.
We obtain information about you when you contact us in branch or over the phone and when you use our website. We also receive information from you via cookies on our website, for example when you are viewing vehicles or making online bookings. We need this information to enable us to provide our online services and where appropriate, our in branch services. This section sets out in more detail what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how long we keep your information.
If you decide to purchase a vehicle from LMC, at the point of sale under a Contractual Obligation we will collect your full name, address, contact number, date of birth, driving licence details, payment details, details of the vehicle you are buying and, if applicable, details of the vehicle you will be using as a part exchange including mileage and MOT information if relevant. Your details will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have given us permission to contact you in this way. If you purchase a new vehicle we will be Contractually Obliged to send your details to the manufacturer for warranty, registration and recall purposes.
If you require finance for your vehicle purchase, we will require additional information including marital and housing status, number of dependents, previous address, occupation, employer, business address and bank details, in addition we will also require proof of address (i.e. utility bill) and any other relevant information. With your permission, this information will be passed to our selected finance partners. Your personal information will be stored on your order form which will be kept on our system for 7 years after which it will be removed, in line with regulatory standards, tax requirements and audit purposes. At the end of your finance agreement, we will contact you to discuss your end of finance arrangements and where applicable arrange the required arrangements to fulfil the contract – for example, end of finance term vehicle return and appraisal.
If you make a Service, MOT or Repair booking, we require your name, contact information, vehicle details and potentially a collection address. This information is required so that we can arrange your booking and notify you if there are any changes to the booking. Also if you make this booking online you can also specify if you would like this information to be stored in a cookie, so as to avoid repeat typing in subsequent visits. Further, if your car was purchased from LMC our aftersales system will already have your information and we will send you a yearly service/MOT reminder, we feel it will be in your Legitimate Interest to know when these events occur. You can object to receiving these reminders at any time. If you fulfil your booking and do not return to any LMC department, then your personal data will be deleted off of our system in 7 years and the physical copy will be securely shredded after 5 years, in line with regulatory standards, tax requirements and audit purposes.
If you take a courtesy car from our service department then we would require your name, contact information, insurance details and a copy of your driver’s licence details, we will store record of this on our system for 6 years from the end of hire, in case of any insurance claims, speeding, parking or any motoring offences that may occur. Physical copies of the documents will be securely shredded within a year.
Similarly if you book a test drive or take a courtesy car from our service department we require a copy of your driving licence, we will store a copy of this in case of any speeding, parking or other motoring offence that may occur.
To make a branch or an online enquiry we will need your name and contact information so that we can respond to your enquiry accurately and promptly. We will retain this information for 3 months.
Phone calls may be recorded, and any recorded calls will be retained for a maximum of 6 months and only be used for training and quality purposes and/or to prevent or detect crime.
On our website when you search our New Car Special Offers or Used Car Stock we may store information on the vehicles you searched for in a cookie so that we can personalise site content. We may track what type of vehicles you view so that we can make suggestions and personalise site content.
If you to visit any site belonging to the LMC we use CCTV to monitor all of our premises, therefore your image and potentially your vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 8 weeks for security and/or to prevent or detect crime.
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us and you can select this by ticking the relevant boxes on any form where we collect your information. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing from LMC we may email to inform you of new products available from companies within the LMC group. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to email@example.com
. Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive correspondence directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form.
If you have opted-in to receive marketing material from us, we will use your name and whichever methods you have selected to send out this information.
From time to time, we may ask you to refresh your marketing preferences by asking you to confirm that you consent to continue receiving marketing information from us.
You may request, at any time, a copy of the personal information the company holds about you, at no cost. Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to Customer Services Department, LMC of Farnham Ltd, Farnham, Road, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0QP or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to have the information the Company holds on your person removed, please request this in writing to Customer Services Department, LMC of Farnham Ltd, Farnham, Road, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0QP or email@example.com
- as long as your information is not pertinent to the completion of a contract or required for any legal reason it will be removed.
The accuracy of your information is important to us and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us via Customer Services Department, LMC of Farnham Ltd, Farnham, Road, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0QP or firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, as set out under ‘How we use your personal data’ section, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receive any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can also do this by selecting the ‘amend my preferences’ link located at the bottom of our emails. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
If you are concerned that we are not using your information in accordance with the law, or are not satisfied with our response to a request made above, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We store your data on secure servers inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
If we transfer your data outside the EEA we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures with the aim that your rights continue to be protected as set out in this policy. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to another member of our group. We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If LMC or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We work with various third party providers to help us deliver our products and services, and we only disclose your information as far as is necessary to provide the service. However, we have contracts with third party suppliers we will have completed necessary security checks and full due diligence to ensure that your data is kept safe once passed to the third party. The majority of third parties only have the right to use your data to complete an obligation, they do not have marketing rights over your data.
- Your data is used including in the following circumstances:
- We may contract a data cleansing organisation to ensure all data is accurate and up to date.
- If you require a finance agreement, we will disclose your information to 3rd party finance companies.
- All phone call recordings are kept by a third party who only have processing rights over your data and will not contact you.
- If you use our "Live Chat" function via our partner, Contact At Once, your information may be collected, used and stored as part of our "Live Chat" service and your personal information will be shared with Contact at Once.
Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We will use encrypted information gathered from the cookies to improve your online experience with LMC.
Some of the cookies we use will expire after you close the browser window. These are called session cookies. Some cookies last longer than this because they are used to identify return visits to the website.
Our website is powered by G-Forces Web Management Limited (“GForces”), our third party web services provider. GForces is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, and is kept secure.GForces is certified to the standard of ISO27001 (an international standard for information security).
All cookies listed below will be enabled while you use our website and they will operate as established below. Please note that cookies do not harm your computer or any software you may have.
- What cookies we use and why
Types of Cookies:
- Session cookies are deleted when you leave our websites. They help keep track of your progress so you don't have to enter the same information more than once.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after your browsing session has ended. They will remember settings, preferences and details for the next time you use the websites.
- First party cookies are set by the website owner, i.e. LMC.
- Third party cookies are set by other parties, such as Google and Twitter
- Necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website.
- Performance or analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, for example, remember your preferences
Necessary cookies are essential to let you move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies allow our website to provide services at your request.
These cookies don't gather any information that could be used for marketing to you or remember your preferences/ID, other than for your current session.
Necessary cookies are used to:
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website.
- Identify you as being logged on to this website.
- Remember previous actions when navigating between different pages on this website.
- Remember things like service selections you have made which allow us to provide you with the services you have requested.
- Identify you as being logged in to and members sections within LMC
Cookies we consider to be Necessary: www.lmc-farnham.co.uk's
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit most often, and if you experience any error messages. They also allow us to update our website to improve performance and tailor it to your preferences.
These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous. They will not be used to target adverts to you on other websites.
Performance cookies are used to:
- Provide statistics on how this website is used (including selections that you have made and goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of this website).
- Gather non-user specific data about the usage on this website and provide statistics about how this website is used.
- Provide and track the effectiveness of videos embedded in this website.
- Test different designs on our website.
Where our performance cookies are managed by third parties, we don't allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Cookies we consider to be Performance cookies:
Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
These enable the function of Google Analytics. This software helps us take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and browsing times. That anonymous information helps us to improve the website and your browsing experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant. The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Arnold Clark and Google and never shows any confidential information. For more information about how Google may use this data - visit: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy
Net Director (sp, nd)
This cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form
| || |
This cookie provides LMC with the ability to link website visitor behaviour to telephone calls made to the company as the result of a visit, in order to understand the effectiveness of the website in encouraging calls from customers. It contains an identifier which is used to track a visitor over time.
The additional cookies that run during your session will collect information about your computer in the form of server logs, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions. Disabling cookies ensures that your IP address will not be recorded.
LMC recommend that you accept cookies, as we use them to:
- Customise elements of our website’s layout and content, and test different designs of our websites to improve your experience.
- Recognise when a user has visited before, meaning we can see how many unique visits we receive. We can then make sure the websites are easy to use and have enough capacity.
- Remember your preferences and settings, such as text size and language.
- Recognise your device so you don't have to provide the same information during your visit, or on subsequent visits.
- Help us identify errors and resolve them effectively.
- Establish what information is relevant to you while you are browsing our websites.
- Collect statistical, anonymous information about how our visitors use/interact with our digital services so we can improve them.
- Learn which parts of our websites are most popular and improve them.
- See how effective our online messages are.
However, you can choose to decline cookies by changing your browser settings.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us (or the website or our services) using third party social networking functionality (such as through "share this", "like" or "follow" buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in us, the website and our services among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about us with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly available including through Internet search engines.