DEAL ALERT: Great Offers During Our Citroen Van Event at LMC.
With summer season showing no sign of ending, head of driving and riding standards, Richard Gladman, has put together some tips to keep you safe on the road.
- Do you know where you’re going? Plan your journey so you know when and where to take planned breaks (if applicable) and check for any traffic problems
- Do weekly car checks which include tyre pressures, tread depth and condition and checking fluids – replenish screen wash but if other fluids are low check for underlying problems
- Stay hydrated by keeping a bottle of water in your car. We recommend having plenty of water as it is essential to stay hydrated to maintain concentration and control body temperature
- When driving, fatigue can slowly kick in – especially in heat. Concentration starts to slip after two hours so take regular 15 minute breaks. Get out of the car and stretch
- Put together an emergency kit; some drinks and snacks, a charger for your mobile phone and a road map for last minute detours are all useful items. Some entertainment for your younger passengers may make the journey less stressful
Richard said: “Preparation is key to an enjoyable trip. A well maintained car and a fully fit and prepared body, can make the difference between a pleasant drive in the country and a nightmare journey to be endured. Whilst the trip may be about the destination it is much better if the journey is enjoyable too.”
Call us today on 01420 478844 for more infomation or make a enquiry here. Follow us on Facebook for regular updates - click here for our LMC Used Vehicles and here for our Citroen Showroom!